Friday, June 20, 2008

Leaving on a Jet Plane

In 14 hours!!! Two days from now, I will be across the world in Australia for the next six months! How excited am I!? Well, very. And a bit nervous, anxious, and worried too. I suppose this is often what happens at the onset of a possibly life-changing adventure. I haven't been this far from home in my life, and living in another country will be an adjustment. Also, the fact that my layover in Detroit is short enough that it's possible I could miss my connecting flight to LA if I'm delayed, and that I just got hit (as in today) with food poisoning that had the potential to be severely debilitating to my travel. But I'm so pumped anyway! The sickness is gone, I'll run across the airport if I have to to catch that darn LA flight, and god dammit this time two days from now I'll be looking out onto an Australian beach (albeit incredibly jetlagged and travel-weary).

I'm living my dream baby!!! Wish me luck!

No comments: