Saturday, August 02, 2008

Onkaparinga Gorge



Today, I went hiking (walking, to Australians) in Onkaparinga Gorge. It's incredibly close to McLaren Vale, a main winery area that I will be going back to at some point for wine-tasting. It was less like walking and more like scrambling over rocks and wading through the river. While Australia is apparently going through a several-year drought, it didn't seem like it today, or for the last month, because of how much rain we've been getting. The river was higher than anyone had seen it before, and I was soaked from the knees down. Hiking in water-logged boots is never fun. However, I got to see some great Australian countryside. No kangaroo sightings yet, though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Roos don't come out until dawn, like deer. Best place to find them is east of the city or Kangaroo Island (beautiful place). I used to live at KLC...