Monday, April 20, 2009

Oh Joe!


I work part time for a small nonprofit in East Liberty. Most of the time I work from home, but occasionally I have to go out to their office. At those times, I also go and grab my groceries from Trader Joe's. I just went today.

Every time I shop there, I am impressed by the store. It doesn't have as wide a selection of products as traditional supermarkets, but that makes it much easier for me to manage my purchases. I don't buy those foods that I know I shouldn't (like sweets and junk food), and even if I want to splurge, their snacks are made from healthier ingredients. Buying the Trader Joe's brand is also about the same price as Market District - and tastier - and they have a large selection of organic produce and other foods. And their prices are much more reasonable than Whole Foods.

What sets this grocery apart from the rest is their service. The cashier's are so friendly and talkative, and all the workers are very helpful. They make sure that you've found all the items you needed for the day, and chat about the weather, etc. I always feel happy after I leave.

No comments: