Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Carnival!

Soooo unlike most schools, Carnegie Mellon doesn't recognize most religious holidays. Some professors cancel class on Jewish holidays (because they're Jewish) but it's not a formally sanctioned holiday by the school. However, we do get time off one weekend each April, and things get so crazy around here that CMU looks kinda like a normal college campus for a short time.

This year I'm excited, because I'm not sick like last year and because there are some fun things going on. I know more about it, and I have a list of things to do already semi-planned. However, most of the fun of Carnival is just doing whatever the hell you want, so all of what I'm going to do is, hopefully, going to be spontanous.

Unfortunately for me, I have so much work that it would be very beneficial for my poor little GPA if I spent the whole break doing that instead of partying.... but who wants to do that?

No comments: