Thursday, March 08, 2007

Acceptance :D

Although I found this out on Wednesday, I didn't have time to post. I'd been waiting for an email from the Heinz School notifying me if I got accepted into the Accelerated Master's Program, and I DID! I was getting worried because people had already gotten their letters. Personally, I think it's quite unprofessional to send out the letters over the period of a month or more, leaving people anxious and frustrated when they have sit and hear the good news of other people, feeling their chances sink (in their minds). I was worried that I'd be rejected, and I realized during that time that I had, albeit unconsciously, set myself up to assume I'd be getting the good letter. I hadn't really planned for any alternatives, which I realize now was not the best idea. But it's moot, because I did get in, and am 99.9% sure I'm going. Which means.... that I'll be in Pittsburgh another year. Regardless of people giving their condolences (which I find annoying) I like Pittsburgh and am happy to spend another year living here. I've always had roots here, and I feel like I've grown even more over the past three years. I'm proud to be a resident of this city, and it will be a sad day when I move from it.

My fate being thus determined (at least for the next two years), I felt a surge of relief. On that score anyway. This week was torture, though nearly not as bad as last semester. I had three exams, two over two hours long, and a set of papers due for my philosophy class on Nietzsche and Kierkegaard. It's such a rush when everything is finally done, and you can finally relax.

And by relax, I mean at the BEACH! On Saturday my friends and I are taking a road trip to South Carolina to spend the week bumming around enjoying each other's company. This will be the first Spring Break I've spent with girls. :) Kinda crazy, yeah? It will be a marked change from the last two years, and I think I'm going to enjoy myself immensely (not that I didn't in previous years).

No comments: