Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Think SPRING!

I went for a run today, and despite the fact that it made me even more aware of how incredibly out of shape I am, I really enjoyed it. I never used to like running, but ever since this summer I've missed being able to take an hour and just jog around the city. The weather is finally getting nice enough to be outside. Which brings me to my next point:

SPRING! It's the beginning of Spring here in the lovely 'burgh. The leaves and flowers are starting to come out and people are springing up seemingly out of nowhere (no pun intended). The entire city is vibrant with people walking down the sidewalks, playing frisbee in the parks or just lounging in the sun.

Living in New York, I never got the full springtime experience; we just went straight from winter to summer. This year it's been almost unseasonably warm, in the 70s with clear sky. The only way you can tell it's not summer (or California) are the bare trees. This kind of weather is so valuable in Pittsburgh. Most of the year is spent cold, dark, and snowy. As much as people complain about cold and snowy winters (which I happen to like), they really make you appreciate the good weather when it comes. And you can tell in people's looks; they're happier and more energized because of it. However, this will all change at the end of the week, when we're supposed to be getting snow. :(

Until then, I will be taking advantage of the sun and warmth by spending a lot of time outside. Maybe I'll see you there!

No comments: