Sunday, April 01, 2007

I Think I'm in Love

With Korean soap opera!!! Every time I say that people groan and smile, but so what? It's amazing on its own, although it's better if you have a real live Korean translating for you because the subtitles are completely inadequate. The actors are adorable and hot, the plots are hilarious, and above all, it's just addicting.

I've started watching Goong, translated as Princess Hours, but literally Palace, it's a story about a girl who marries into the crown prince of Korea while still in high school (assuming a lot, since there is no longer a monarchy in Korea). I think it's based on a comic book by the same name, and apparently follows it pretty well. There are a few pretty famous Korean actors and singers in the show, but I'm not knowledgeable about that at all. It's really fun, and I highly recommend it.

In total, I think the show has 24 episodes (each an hour long). We've finished 4. I can't wait to watch more!!

No comments: