Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Young Talent Spotlight

This is a rather strange topic for me to write about, because it's about a person. A little-known person too, and one I've never met. I know if she googles her name and finds my post, it would be probably weird but gratifying. Don't worry, I'm not a stalker, I just really like your music!

To those who are unfamiliar, you should check out Julia Easterlin, an 18-year-old student at the Berklee School of Music in Boston. Her music is fantastic, from what I've heard so far: jazz with a very unique sound, subtly rock-influenced, and her voice is phenomenal (and I seldom praise female voices). My brother introduced me to her, and I'm really glad he did. It's rare for me to find an up-and-coming artist before they hit it big, and I think she will soon. Her early and great proficiency makes me feel old and unaccomplished, but I still appreciate it, and look forward to hearing more from this talented young musician.

No comments: