Sunday, October 12, 2008

Feta, Spinach, and Roasted Capsicum

I know this is not the traditional day for doing this list, but Thursdays are not the only day to be thankful!

From McLaren Vale Wine Tour


- Wrapaway, for providing me with tasty and healthy lunchtime alternatives
- my camera, which is good enough to compensate for my novice photographic abilities and captures memorable moments with great skill
- the springtime, which is glorious in Australia
- Boost smoothies, for being YUM
- getting American mail, most notably my absentee ballot!
- the internet for keeping me in touch with family, friends and American news
- The West Wing
- JB Hifi, for having a copy of Season 2 of The West Wing for a modest price
- the beach, and the pier on the beach. Who cares if the water could have sharks in it?
- being so close to amazingly beautiful (and tasty) wine country. I have gained such a greater appreciation for fine wine.
- my friends in Australia, with whom every adventure is fun and always hilarious
- the American exchange rate, which is now low enough to make Australia livable
- the next two months, which I anticipate to be jam-packed with fun and wonderful memories
- my family, who have been so supportive and understanding with me being so far away, and my mom for learning IM lingo (she uses "lol" now!)
- having a family vacation in the desert when I return to the States
- barbecues on Sundays

No comments: