Monday, June 12, 2006

etc.

I have nothing major to report, but here are some things I've been doing that might be of interest. :) I'm starting to get used to having free time. Last week I kinda just wandered around and didn't know what to do with myself. I've started to work out again, after about 6 weeks of hiatus due to finals, being home, and being semi-injured. I'm planning on reworking my body so I can be stronger, slimmer, and have a better self-image. We'll see if that happens. I'm off to a good start though: today I ran about 2 and a half miles, stretched, and did some upper body workout. I'll probably end up replacing workouts like that with dancing some days, once I choose a song to choreograph for next semester's DS.

I fell in love with the Greyhound this weekend. Well, not really in love, because it's still frustrating and such, but it was really peaceful, and the driver's are nice and funny, and there's a camaraderie among the passengers that is refreshing. Not to mention the ease at which I can travel. However, I think this liking only applies to short trips, because any longer than 5 hours I think I'd start to hate it.

I love my job at the ACLU. It's the first time I've found people who are truly passionate about what they do. It makes it fun to come into work, and I actually feel like I'm making a difference, like I count and that I'm a valued intern who is doing work that is necessary. Not so my research position, which requires virtually no upper brain function and has nothing to do with research that I can see. Plus I do everything alone, and it can get lonely. Luckily I can bring my laptop, so I talk online (who'll care?) and take breaks. It's nice to have the familiarity of your own settings on a computer, and the mobility to work anywhere. Hopefully I'll earn enough trust by the end of the summer that I'll do something more than scan 500+ papers and articles into pdf.... something like, I don't know, research? At least it pays and it's good for my resume.

In other news, my roommate found an old Macbook, one that was discontinued in 1992, and it still kinda works. I mean, it doesn't boot the whole way, the screen is broken, and it she's trying to get it to stay on, but hey, it's a novelty!

And... today marks a year and a half since Ryan and I started dating. I thought I'd like to share. :)

No comments: