Monday, July 03, 2006

Long Weekend, Long Post

I haven't updated in a while because Ryan came for the weekend, and we were busy. :) It was nice to have someone around to do things with, especially someone as pleasant and energetic as Ryan. We went to see the movie Water (which everyone should see). It's a really really good Indian film about the widow houses in certain parts of India. And it's a love story. And it has hot Indian actors in it. We also went to Frick Park and walked around, which was really fun because I love Frick and I got to show Ryan all the cool places in it. Then we made pottery. There's this really cute store on Forbes that sells pottery you can paint any way you like. I painted Ryan a bowl with a panorama of a beach in Hawaii we found, and he painted me a pot for my orchids.

On Saturday we went to a 4th of July party my family was having in Avella. We spent the day in the pool, hanging out with my family, and eating a ton of food. I got really sunburned, and my skin is sooooo itchy. And then we got lost on our way back to Pittsburgh. We somehow missed BOTH the exits: one from the south approach, and then again from the north approach. Silly us.
On Sunday I felt like crap because of my sunburn, and it was super hot outside, so we didn't do very much. We went to Phipps and went out to dinner, then met up with an old Soundbyte and went out to dinner again. It was really fun to see her again.

Ryan just left this morning, and although I miss him already, I get to see him again in 4 days when we go on our cross-country road trip. :)

And now we get to it. Why am I writing a blog entry at 11:20 on a Monday morning? Well, why, thank you for asking! My job feels like a waste of time. My boss decides to email me on a Sunday night, telling me that no one will be in the office on Monday, and that I should just continue working on whatever I was working on. However, the last time I worked, I was working on my ability to nap whilst sitting at work.... She hasn't given me work in weeks, and I've just been asking my other sort-of boss for work. I haven't met my 15 hours a week for the last couple weeks, and I don't get paid a lot. It's my only job, and not working the full time means I don't get that money, which means I don't eat. I'm never informed of anything, and I never get anything interesting to do. It's just busy work, and not even important stuff at that. I feel like I'm wasting my time, and all my talent and intelligence and anything else I have is going to waste. I could do so much more, and I wish they would realize it. I wish my job was managed better, and wasn't so haphazard. I wish I was valued. Oh well. Maybe it will get better.... maybe not.

No comments: