Sunday, July 30, 2006

2-0

First off, thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday. It was really nice to hear from you all. :)

My family just left for home, as they came to visit me to celebrate the big 2-0. On Friday we went to breakfast with some of my relatives, then went to visit my uncle in the hospital. He recently found out that he has pancreatic cancer, and it's fairly advanced. That wasn't too fun. But enough about that. Then we went to check into our hotel (yeah, we stayed in a hotel in Pittsburgh, although I live here. It made it more vacation-y). Then we went shopping at the Southside Works, where my mother spent way too much for clothes for me (they are extremely pretty though). After that, we went out for indian food. It was their first time, and I'm happy to say they enjoyed it.

On my birthday we went to the Andy Warhol Museum, which is great. Then we went to the Strip and bought food, and I made an interesting discovery. A guy who works at Fudgie Wudgie (the fudge place at the Strip) knows fairly well one of my best friends from elementary school! How wild is that?

My parents took me out to dinner at the Grand Concourse, one of the best restaurants in Pittsburgh. It's in Station Square at the old train station (eighty foot stained glass windows, marble staircase, the works). It was... superb. Mmm, my mouth is watering....

Today I took them to Phipps, which they had never been to. All in all, a very very wonderful, memorable birthday. I really loved it, and I can't wait to go back home in two weeks!

No comments: