Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Switching into high gear

Oi!

That's the word of the hour, the day, the week, the year. I've had a week of class and already I'm behind on my homework, tired, and stressed. Granted, not all of that has to do with school-related stuff. I mean, I'm only taking four classes.... but I'm doing research with SDS.... and I'm TA-ing.... and I'm still director of Soundbytes.... and I work for the ACLU still.... and I'm in Student Senate.... and I'm choreographing for DS.... and I have to go to a funeral on Saturday.... and Ryan just left after visiting for a weekend..............

Hence the Oi!

However, once things quiet down (IF things quiet down) I think I'm going to have a great semester, and a great year. I was hoping to take it easy this year, but given everything else I'm doing, or planning on doing, that probably won't happen. And it's looking like I won't have an easy Senior year either, since I'm seriously considering the 5th year master's program in public policy, and that starts in your Senior year.

On a lighter note, Ryan's visit was spectacular, and I got to see a ton of him and a lot of his friends, which was really nice. I ate better than I have in a long time, but I think that was because I was eating with him, and company makes food so much better. We went to Frick Park, and to half off, and visited Rolli and such, and hung out with some Soundbytes people. The only downside to this weekend was that I got behind on work that I should have been doing, but I can make it up. At least he helped me on my programming (I'm gonna miss having him around for that). :)

Ok, bedtime. The morrow brings much busy-ness and stress. But I can handle it. If I keep telling myself that, it's bound to be true, right?

No comments: